New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR), the observability platform company, today delivered strategic updates to New Relic One. In a video to customers, New Relic CEO and Founder Lew Cirne introduced a reimagined New Relic One, including a clear intuitive user experience, powerful new capabilities, and simple, predictable packaging and pricing, including a new perpetual free tier to make it easy for engineers to try, use, and do business with New Relic.
New Relic One is a powerful offering designed to give every engineer a single platform to easily experience the benefits of full observability, including improved uptime and availability, greater scale and efficiency, and faster time to market.
“From the beginning, New Relic has been focused on delivering a simple, yet powerful way to help every company and every engineer deliver more perfect software,” said New Relic CEO and Founder Lew Cirne. “Every engineer deserves the benefits of observability. That’s why we’re taking a bold step in dramatically simplifying and reducing the total cost of instrumenting everything across their environment. Welcome to the new New Relic – your single source of truth for the performance of your digital business.”
New Relic unveiled a reimagined New Relic One, including all of the powerful, innovative product experiences users have come to know and love, now delivered in a fully integrated and dramatically simplified platform. The revamped New Relic One is designed as a single source of truth for all of a customers’ telemetry data, and at a price point that can remove the barriers of adopting observability across a customers’ full environment. As a result, customers no longer have to sample which applications they monitor. In addition, they can reduce the cost and complexity of maintaining disparate monitoring tools, which limit their true understanding of what’s happening in their software environment. This eliminates the toil of forcing engineers to scramble and switch between tools to investigate issues.
Updated New Relic One
New Relic One is the most powerful cloud-based observability platform built to help customers create more perfect software. It includes everything organisations need to achieve observability:
- Telemetry Data Platform to collect, visualise, and alert on all types of application and infrastructure data at petabyte scale. It is designed to be the single source of truth for all operational data.
- Full-Stack Observability to easily analyse and troubleshoot the entire software stack across APM, infrastructure, logs, and digital customer experience in one connected experience.
- Applied Intelligence to detect, understand, and resolve incidents faster.
Introducing a New Perpetual Free Tier
The company introduced a perpetual free offering for New Relic One. Now, every engineer can have instant access to New Relic’s powerful complete observability platform at no cost, forever. The new perpetual free offering includes access to New Relic One with no hidden costs or credit card required, including:
- Telemetry Data Platform: 100 GB of data every month free.
- Full-Stack Observability: one free full access user license.
- Applied Intelligence’s Proactive Detection: first 100 million app transactions per month free.
- Applied Intelligence’s Incident Intelligence: first 1,000 incident events per month free.
Once an engineer’s usage increases beyond these levels, New Relic One makes it easy for customers to upgrade to meet their growing needs.