HP Inc. today unveiled two new printers for families at home; the HP ENVY 6000 printer series and HP Deskjet 2700 printer series. The HP ENVY 6000 printer, a simply intuitive device designed for today’s families who lead dynamic, busy lives where work, school and life intersect.
“As families continue to not only work from home – but look for fun ways to keep their kids learning at home over the summer, we wanted to make their printing experience effortless,” said Xavier Garcia, Global Head and General Manager, Print Hardware Solutions, HP Inc. “Our new printers introduced today were designed for those adapting to remote working and learning, offering easy set up solutions with a smart control panel that intuitively lights up when needed.”
The new ENVY printers have never been more useful. Key features include:
Innovative design and smart device user experience
- Beautiful, industrial design for contemporary homes – made with more than 20% recycled plastic by weight (5).
- Smart, intuitive user interface makes device interactions seamless with guided edge lighting that indicates printer status; buttons appear only when needed.
- Self-healing dual-band Wi-Fi to stay connected and prevent interruptions (1).
Effortless to use with the HP Smart app
- Simple printer set up for all the devices in the home (2).
- Easily print, scan, copy, and even fax all from your mobile device (2).
- Access to hundreds of free learning printables.
Never run out of ink with Instant Ink delivery service (3,4)
- Replacement cartridges are automatically delivered when you need them4.
- Save up to 50 percent3, with plans starting as low as £1.99 a month.
The new HP ENVY range will be available to purchase in the UK from July 15th, on the HP Store at the following price-points:
- Envy 6000: £69.99
- Envy Pro 6400: £89.99
Also announced are two essential home printing solutions; the HP Deskjet 2700 and HP Deskjet Plus 4100 series, known for delivering time-tested reliability, ease of use and mobile connectivity for any print-at-home occasion.
HP Deskjet Pricing:
- HP Deskjet 2710 – £39
- HP Deskjet 272x – £49
- HP Deskjet Plus 4100 – £59
HP Deskjet Availability:
- HP Deskjet 2710 is available now in the UK.
- HP Deskjet 2720 will be available from mid-July in all major retailers.
- HP Deskjet Plus 4100 will be available from mid-July in all major retailers.
Pricing and more information on both series printers can be found a via www.hp.com
HP this week – in collaboration with education creators – also introduced more than 50 additional hours of free printable content on its Print, Play & Learn platform, making science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) related topics available for families.
“In the past few months, we’ve had more parents searching for educational resources on our marketplace than ever before,” said Melissa Esmundo, Chief Commercial Officer of Teachers Pay Teachers, the leading marketplace for teacher-created resources and a Print, Play & Learn Partner. “There’s been a big uptick in parents’ demand for paper-based materials, which more than 90% of parents on our site say help them most with at-home learning. We’re excited to partner with HP to get more teacher-created resources into the hands of parents so they can continue student learning through the summer.”
New printable content including:
- John Collins, also known as “The Paper Airplane Guy”, holds the Guinness World Record for the longest paper airplane flight. He shows how to fold his world record plane while teaching kids about aerodynamics and gravity.
- The Dad Lab, based out of London, is a stay-at-home dad who started making science experiments for his kids. He’s created an original experiment and worksheet for Print, Play & Learn.
- Hello, Wonderful, a collective of moms with a desire to make creative arts, crafts and playful products to enjoy with your kids, have created printable recipes for Elephant Toothpaste, Playdough and a Blizzard in a Jar.
About Print, Play & Learn
HP launched Print, Play, & Learn to support the millions of families around the world who have transitioned to remote learning. With millions of site visits and printables downloaded to date, HP aims to continue providing free printable content for families to help kids continue to learn and grow.
1Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz operations only. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
2Requires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements see hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain features/software are available in English language only. Internet access required and must be purchased separately. Fax capabilities are for sending a fax only, and may require additional purchase. For more information, see hpsmart.com/mobile-fax.
3Based on monthly subscription cost using only all pages in plan vs. cost per page of most ink cartridge-based color inkjet printers < $399 USD. Color inkjet printers are selected by market share of IDC CYQ1 2019 Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker Final release. Standard cartridge CPP is as per the Gap Intelligence Ink Monthly (5/12/2019) 201905Wk2 report.
4Based on plan usage, Internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
5Made with more than 20% recycled plastic by weight in models made after August 20, 2020.